IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Parking Charge Notice - I wasn't driving

Options
Is it possible to successfully appeal a parking charge notice when you were not the driver? I have the details of the driver and a picture of the person driving the vehicle 8 minutes after the fine was time stamped. I was the registered keeper at the time however I wasn't driving the vehicle? 

I have forwarded the drivers details to Premier Park but it keeps coming back to me. I really can't afford the £115 charge they are asking and it seems so unfair when I have the details and evidence required to prove it wasn't me driving

Comments

• MommaMac22
    Options
    Any advice would be so welcomed :)
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited 11 January 2022 at 11:59AM
    Options
    Please read the newbies wrt driver/keeper  liability.  Have you complained to your MP/

You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • go-on-then
    Options
    Please read the ' Newbies '  thread as everyone is advised to do.

It's a scam and you won't be paying BUT you must follow the steps, do as you are advised to do and do not miss any deadlines.

Please read, read ,read and better read tons of other threads and anything else you can get your eyes on to get a good understanding of how this awful game works and how you will beat them.

• Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 11 January 2022 at 12:03PM
    Options
    If you have divulged the drivers details to Premier Park , then you have discharged your obligations under POFA and have no liability. Check if premier park complied with POFA or not by checking the NTK PCN for compliance , or non compliance

Should this go to a court claim , it will be a part of your keeper but not the driver defence

No keeper liability due to naming the driver as per POFA

• MommaMac22
    Options
    Just to add this was a parking charge notice from June 2019.D_P_Dance said:
    Please read the newbies wrt driver/keeper  liability.  Have you complained to your MP/

I really can't afford the £115   
    Where can I find this document you mention please? It seems so unjust as I have the drivers details and because he's denied any knowledge of the vehicle, it's come back to me yet coincidentally I have photos on that day, 8 minutes after the parking notice showing him driving the car. I've had no response to my appeal from Premier Park, just another reminder with additional charges.
  • Redx
    edited 11 January 2022 at 12:05PM
    Options
    The newbies FAQ sticky thread is near the top of the forum in announcements

Which premier park is it ? Address ?
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    The newbies are at the top of the index page.  They are rather complicated but this is not as simple matter.  M Beavis took a PCNN to the Supreme Court and there are,  unless you pay the scam,  eno short cuts.  
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • wolvoman
    wolvoman Posts: 1,173 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I can't be the only one wondering what circumstances someone can be a registered keeper of a car with such a seemingly odd relationship to a driver of the same car.
  • MommaMac22
    Options
    Redx said:
    If you have divulged the drivers details to Premier Park , then you have discharged your obligations under POFA

Should this go to a court claim , it will be a part of your keeper but not the driver defence

Thanks Redx, I passed the details of the driver to them as per the transfer of liability but about three weeks later got another letter from Premier Park (the driver stated he had no knowledge of the vehicle) and therefore another request for me to pay the fine. Is it worth appealing through POPLA also? What do you think my best option is to deal with this? 
  • Redx
    Options
    If this is from 2019 you won't get a popla code so Popla is out of the question , no chance !

Which premier park is it ?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure