Is there an amount of time to go to tenerife after having covid recently .

greenface2
greenface2 Posts: 471 Forumite
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
edited 12 January 2022 at 5:21PM in Coronavirus travel help & info
Heading to the canaries feb 4th . (27 days and counting ) for a weeks break . One member of our party is currently isolating with covid and a few days in . Hoping to be all clear and fit within the next week or so . Would there be anything to prevent her from travelling to canaries ? TIA 

Comments

• martindow
    martindow Posts: 10,217 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    According to this
    fully vaccinated (booster jabs do not seem to be necessary) people can enter Spain.  There is no requirement for a test it seems but children over 12 need to be vaccinated not just adults.

• greenface2
    greenface2 Posts: 471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    martindow said:
    According to this
    fully vaccinated (booster jabs do not seem to be necessary) people can enter Spain.  There is no requirement for a test it seems but children over 12 need to be vaccinated not just adults.

thanks she is fully vaccinated and boostered . she was concerned as watching novack in Australia being refused because he has had covid in the past 6 months 

• JGB1955
    JGB1955 Posts: 3,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    martindow said:
    According to this

thanks she is fully vaccinated and boostered . she was concerned as watching novack in Australia being refused because he has had covid in the past 6 months 

AIUI He was refused entry because he WASN'T vaccinated...
    #2 Saving for Christmas 2024 - £1 a day challenge. £131 of £366
  • onashoestring
    onashoestring Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 8 January 2022 at 9:02PM

He was refused because he claimed that having recently recovered from Covid he had an exemption from being vaccinated. The Border authorities did not agree.

At the time of writing the Spanish Health form says “ DO NOT TRAVEL if you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath), which have started recebtly, if you have been diagnosed with COVID-19 within the last 14 days, or if you have had close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19 within the last two weeks.”

• Westin
    Westin Posts: 5,940 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    And for someone claiming exception because he tested positive for covid on 16 December, should he of attended an awards ceremony and a party on 17 December and been in close contact with others 17-18 December.
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10381545/Novak-Djokovic-Star-pictured-hugging-children-PR-event-day-positive-PCR-test.html

Apologies for taking further off topic.
  • Doshwaster
    Doshwaster Posts: 6,136 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I tested positive on 29 Dec and my NHS COVID Pass was just reactivated this morning. My pass now shows 2 x vaccinations, 1 booster and now a "recovery from COVID" certificate.

The only risk moving forwards if that if you go anywhere which requires a PCR test, it may show a positive result for another 90 days as it can detect dead virus but Lateral Flows should be fine.
  • katejo
    katejo Posts: 3,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    I tested positive on 29 Dec and my NHS COVID Pass was just reactivated this morning. My pass now shows 2 x vaccinations, 1 booster and now a "recovery from COVID" certificate.

The only risk moving forwards if that if you go anywhere which requires a PCR test, it may show a positive result for another 90 days as it can detect dead virus but Lateral Flows should be fine.
    This is the factor which makes me hesitate. I had Covid just before Christmas and have had the recovery status (plus record of booster etc) since just after that. However the PCR could stay positive for up to 3 months though I heard from someone that theirs was negative again after about 6 weeks. My lateral flows are negative again.
  • I tested positive on 29 Dec and my NHS COVID Pass was just reactivated this morning. My pass now shows 2 x vaccinations, 1 booster and now a "recovery from COVID" certificate.

Thanks and agree with katejo . Ours is slightly different it transpires . My traveller tested positive on her lateral flows but the PCR tested showed negative . Rechecked and was positive for the duration of her isolation period now negative so the records if anyone wanted to look back showed she was negative . Since booking and since testing positive/ negative Tenerife has gone to level 4 . Hopefully back down before feb 4th . We are ok and she is travelling with us . Thanks for your imput and comments . Bit of heat on our feet is needed after a very hard year
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback