We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

A Shade Greener Solar Panels and nesting pigeons.

Options
Hello, I know I am not the only one only just finding out about the added cost to myself for allowing A Shade Greener to lease my roof space to them.
I have been informed by them that if I want to remove the nesting pigeons and stop them from returning to nest again in their (ASG) solar panels, therefore causing damage to my roof and gutters, not able to use certain parts of my outdoor space and the constant noise disrupting sleep time, then this will cost me £1380.00.
Surely, this is a cost that they should pick up, seeming that it is their panels that the pigeons have decided to nest in. Pigeons would not nest on my roof if it was not for these panels. I have enquired to other pest control companies and the price seems to run from £600 + vat. This is not an expense I counted for when allowing ASG to lease my roof space, in fact I was told it would cost me nothing and that they would maintain them and any problems that occurred from them.
Surely if a company knows of this problem than the simplest thing would be to include the Pigeon proofing at the time of installation of the panels.
Please let me know how many of you have or are going through the same issue, and if there is anything that could be done.

Comments

• saverTony
    Options
    @TEC10 Sorry to bump this thread, but perhaps you have an update. Did you manage to have ASG fix it?

This is a relevant issue for us too.
  • SiliconChip
    SiliconChip Posts: 1,405 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    saverTony said:
    @TEC10 Sorry to bump this thread, but perhaps you have an update. Did you manage to have ASG fix it?

This is a relevant issue for us too.

As the OP only posted once and has not logged on again since that day it's unlikely that you'll get a response from them (which is a shame as I also have pigeons nesting under my solar panels, although it's a different scenario in my case as I own the panels).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.5K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 610K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback