Sketching pens, any experience please

twopenny
twopenny Posts: 5,549 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
So I've been organising my stuff post moving house and need to start drawing again for sanitys sake.
I'm clued into pencils but I'd like to have a sketching pen other than the technical drawing ones and it's hard to sort online
Our craft shops have closed even up to 25 miles away.
There used to be some in a blue casing I vaguely remember but not the name. Came in different thicknesses and worked really well.
Would anyone be able to suggest some please?

viral kindness .....kindness is contageous pass it on

The only normal people you know are the ones you don’t know very well

Comments

• JaneDavenport.com has some fabulous art supplies. I've heard good things about her pens etc. Also there's The Craft Store on the selling channels and online.
  • twopenny
    Thanks, I'll look them up tonight.
    I think I may have one of the blue ones somewhere but with moving house it's gone awol. It will be dried up but will give me a clue.

• twopenny
    I found mine. What else to do in theze storms!
    Berol was my favourite but they've stopped doing them.
    Edding seems to do some.
    Another I saw someone using on glass, shop window. A waterproof from Smiths. That looked like fun. They must wash off because it's a shop window but might be a bit of fun.

• Joolski
    Joolski Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    @twopenny - I've only just seen your post so this might be a little late, but I use Sakura Pigma Micron Fineliner Pens, as do a lot of sketchers.  They are available in various thicknesses, and are waterproof so can be used with Watercolour if wanted.  Available in loads of places - art shops or online - and can be bought singly or in packs.  I would recommend Cult Pens as an excellent online seller.  Hope this helps.
  • twopenny
    Joolski, information is always welcome.
    New beginnings I'd like to try a new pen so I'll look into that. And thanks for the link. Always useful to know someone reliable and not be scrabbling around on the net.

• Emmia
    Emmia Posts: 3,162 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Joolski said:
    @twopenny - I've only just seen your post so this might be a little late, but I use Sakura Pigma Micron Fineliner Pens, as do a lot of sketchers.  They are available in various thicknesses, and are waterproof so can be used with Watercolour if wanted.  Available in loads of places - art shops or online - and can be bought singly or in packs.  I would recommend Cult Pens as an excellent online seller.  Hope this helps.
    I'd also recommend Cult pens, ordered a few things from there and delivery has always been very quick.
  • Joolski
    Joolski Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Also re Cult Pens - they are REALLY helpful - if you are unsure and want to pick someone's brains, email them and they will give all the info you need.  There's only one drawback - if you are someone who loves pens, etc, you could get obsessed with their site!  :smiley:
  • twopenny
    Sheesh I keep everything from old fountain pens to a sharpened stick we used at college back in the day.
    Trying to keep my collection small but with so many arts, craft needlework treasures that I'm 'going to get back to' it's  not going so well.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport