Halifax Clarity C/Card problems ?

Attempted place an online order with my usual supplier for print cartridges, who I have used for the past 3 years

1st attempt failed as transaction rejected by Clarity - now we can all miss-key our card details so I went back to square one and re-ordered - Again rejected -Tried again for a third time and still rejected.
This is very worrying as I have a restaurant family dinner coming up which will mean a big bill going on the card

Emailed the supplier who replied that all was well at their end and it was down to Clarity, so I rang Clarity who came up with this explanation for the rejections
"We have to follow NEW RULES that say we must do a check on the online systems of web suppliers to ensure they are 100% correct - The checks are random in the selection of which suppliers are targeted, and also how long they will be in place".

I have never seen anything from Clarity that these rules exist and neither is there any comment on the rejection notice - With hindsight I think the entire explanation is guff to cover Clarity's own errors
Does anyone out there have more information?

I resolved my supply issue by getting my SWMBO to place the order on her Barclay card, which went through without a hitch

Comments

• Doesn't sound like guff. Sounds like there is something in the suppliers set up which is causing the Halifax card to trip over.

Make sure you have at least two cards with you when you go for your dinner or any other event where payment is essential.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback