Sending cash with Chronopost to Pick up item?

fleetingmind
fleetingmind Posts: 480 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
So I'm selling some headphones on FB marketplace for £200. Someone is interested but working so wants to send cash with Chronopost to collect item. 

Am I right to be suspicious? I've never heard of Chronopost tbh but surely if they've got cash it's not a issue and I only release item when I have the cash. 

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,192 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    So I'm selling some headphones on FB marketplace for £200. Someone is interested but working so wants to send cash with Chronopost to collect item. 

Am I right to be suspicious? I've never heard of Chronopost tbh but surely if they've got cash it's not a issue and I only release item when I have the cash. 
    It’s a scam, move on. There’s a similar thread running at the moment on here, it’s a fairly common and very old scam. 
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback