IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Is the APCOA parking fine for the Heathrow drop off charge legally binding?

Options
If you fail to pay the drop off zone £5 charge within 2 days you get this parking charge notice from APCOA for £80.

What is the best thing to do in this case? Ring them and offer to pay the £5? Or pay the fine?

Comments

• Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 December 2021 at 10:01PM
    Options
    It is not a fine.

Never, ever ring an unregulated private parking company or any of their agents.

CRAPCOA are easy to beat as long as the keeper appeals and doesn't name the driver.

Start by reading the sticky Announcement for NEWBIES then, if a PCN has been received, appeal using the template in blue text. Send it unaltered from The Keeper, save for a one liner stating that since the NTK does not comply with the strict requirements of the PoFA 2012, (they never do) the keeper cannot be held liable.

The NEWBIES has all the advice you need to deal with a PCN from APCOA, or any other PPC.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • Questionerhere
    Options
    Fruitcake said:
    It is not a fine.

Never, ever ring an unregulated private parking company or any of their agents.

CRAPCOA are easy to beat as long as the keeper appeals and doesn't name the driver.

Start by reading the sticky Announcement for NEWBIES then, if a PCN has been received, appeal using the template in blue text. Send it unaltered from The Keeper, save for a one liner stating that since the NTK does not comply with the strict requirements of the PoFA 2012, (they never do) the keeper cannot be held liable.

The NEWBIES has all the advice you need to deal with a PCN from APCOA, or any other PPC.
    Thanks!!!
  • Kraindi
    Kraindi Posts: 3 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I will file appeal as Iwe did not actually stop in drop off zone. Means "DropOff" but stricktly drive straight thro & ne$ver stopped means nothing payable. We had a prepaid meet & greet @ short stay T3 so genuine error driving thro wrong lane
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,807 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 28 March at 2:48PM
    Options
    Kraindi said:
    I will file appeal as Iwe did not actually stop in drop off zone. Means "DropOff" but stricktly drive straight thro & ne$ver stopped means nothing payable. We had a prepaid meet & greet @ short stay T3 so genuine error driving thro wrong lane
    But that is NOT how to appeal and win.

Do NOT say who was driving.  This is basic stuff, covered and explained in the NEWBIES thread.  APCOA are a cinch for a KEEPER to beat.  As @Fruitcake signposted you to:

PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback