mwoutletstore. Internet shopping scam

i foolishly ordered £127 worth of products from mwoutletstore which I assumed was related to Mountain Warehouse. Where I have successfully ordered products before. I recieved an email back confirming my order but if you click the web link it is none existent. The photos on the FB advert shows photos of a mountain warehouse store . My order was placed in November but it is impossible to contact the seller. So my Christmas gifts are not coming and my shopping budget is gone. So be warned people it looks sooo convincing 

Comments

• i foolishly ordered £127 worth of products from mwoutletstore which I assumed was related to Mountain Warehouse. Where I have successfully ordered products before. I recieved an email back confirming my order but if you click the web link it is none existent. The photos on the FB advert shows photos of a mountain warehouse store . My order was placed in November but it is impossible to contact the seller. So my Christmas gifts are not coming and my shopping budget is gone. So be warned people it looks sooo convincing 
    How did you order?  Presumably you paid via some method that has a chargeback facility (or the equivalent.)
  • I paid on visa debit card so I think I have no recourse 
  • I paid on visa debit card so I think I have no recourse 
    Why can't you do a chargeback?
  • cx6
    cx6 Posts: 1,176
    First Post Name Dropper
    Forumite
    call your card company and ask.for a chargeback on the gtounds of non receipt.
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    There is an article about chargeback on this very site, link below.
    https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/reclaim/visa-mastercard-chargeback/

Good luck!

Also that site needs reporting to Facebook, if they have been advertising on there - and the police or Action Fraud.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
  • Sicard
    Sicard Posts: 848
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    I've seen that advert. There's other scams on FB which advertise top range laptops at greatly reduced prices. The FB team are really not on the ball when it comes to scams yet delete humorous posts on some of their own advertising.
    You know what uranium is, right? It's this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things.
    Donald Trump, Press Conference, February 16, 2017

• I’ve seen several more similar adverts since on FB. latest one  was Joules. Why are FB mot stopping these? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.4K Life & Family
  • 246.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback