🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Amazon credit card change

Options
Had long chat with Amazon and they say no such promotion about paying people to change from Visa to Mastercard exists.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    It exists, but not for everyone.
  • Honeycat111
    Options
    An update on this.  Just received an email from their customer service department, (following my lengthy online chat),  telling me they are putting £20.00 on my account!  I only asked for £10 as I understood £20 was for Prime Members; however, the email address does not accept replies, and I can't be bothered to go through another exhaustive online chat to tell them.  I'll accept the extra to pay for the aggravation of getting another credit card I didn't really need, and having to spend ages online trying to get something that should have been automatic according to Martin.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,838 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I've had 1st Amazon Visa Alert, I didn't even notice Nationwide CC is Visa.
    Only decision now is do I really need Amazon Prime services.

thanks
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • born_again
    born_again Posts: 14,843 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    You can always use your debit card. Rather than getting another CC.
    Life in the slow lane
  • Ebe_Scrooge
    Ebe_Scrooge Posts: 7,320 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dandytf said:

I guess the question is, do you make use of them?  Personally, we buy a lot of stuff from Amazon (yes, I know, I'm prepared to be shot down in flames for that!!), and actually Prime is worth it for us for the postage costs alone.  The kids do watch Amazon TV or whatever it's called, and listen to music on Alexa a heck of a lot, so overall it's quite a cost-effective package for us.  By contrast, my in-laws buy stuff maybe half a dozen times a year, and have no interest in the film or music offerings, so for them Prime would be a total waste.  If you use it then I think it's reasonable value for money (especially after having seen just last week what my father-in-law is paying for his BT sports TV subscription, blimey I was gob-smacked!)

• Dandytf
    Options
    Dandytf said:

I guess the question is, do you make use of them?  

I shouldn't continue off original post ,though Amazon Prime t.v. can be useful.
    I'll prob leave decision until required.

I guess I found Prime subs a reason to stop what was new Nationwide credit card being stopped due to No initial use.

thanks
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • mcpitman
    mcpitman Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Options
    The promotion is there, I changed my Visa to an unused Mastercard last week and got the £20 credit immediately.

Then I applied for there partner card and got another £40 out of them.

So £60 for no hassle and a few clicks of the mouse seemed like a good deal to me.
    Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. Like choking....
  • northwalesd
    northwalesd Posts: 1,182 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    mcpitman said:
    The promotion is there, I changed my Visa to an unused Mastercard last week and got the £20 credit immediately..
    Well that's nice for you, but we didn't all get such a 'promotion'.
  • mcpitman
    mcpitman Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    Options
    mcpitman said:
    The promotion is there, I changed my Visa to an unused Mastercard last week and got the £20 credit immediately..
    Well that's nice for you, but we didn't all get such a 'promotion'.
    Apologies I understood the OP was questioning whether the promotion did or didn't exist.

I can confirm it does.

Do you have anything helpful to add for the OP?
    Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. Like choking....
  • Dandytf
    Options
    What's the Promotion which card is potentially on offer.

thanks
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure