Train tickets and chargeback

Hi 
I am due to travel to Scotland via train  at the end of the week, however the last leg of my return journey has been cancelled and I cannot get the next train as I was due to be on the last one of the night. I've been offered a refund for the final leg of the return journey however they refused to refund the journey up or the rest of the journey down. This, along with rising covid-19 cases has meant I no longer want to travel at all. Is it possible for me to claim chargeback from my bank in this situation?
Thanks!

Comments

• nope. trains still running. unless there a specific mention on the T&C's, which I doubt.
  • jon81uk
    jon81uk Posts: 3,750
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Dod you book at as one ticket, in which case I expect you could get full cost back. But if you booke two seperate tickets aond one journey is still possible then depends on the terms but probably can't refund.
  • kwa2607 said:
    Hi 
    I am due to travel to Scotland via train  at the end of the week, however the last leg of my return journey has been cancelled and I cannot get the next train as I was due to be on the last one of the night.
    How about the 2nd last one of the night?
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback