We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Curry’s failed delivery and lost in transit matter

Options
I ordered a Beko dryer a few weeks back and was advised it would be delivered on the 13th of December between 12:40 and 16:40. I had to rearrange everything including work, school runs etc.  it was quite a stressful day but I really needed a dryer.  After waiting until 17:00 with no luck I had a webcast with one of curry’s agent. He apologised and told me the delivery was delayed and assured me it would be delivered on the day. He offered a compensation of about £20 or so.  I logged off. At 10pm after the item had still not arrived I logged onto the web chat again and this time, the agent told me item had been recorded as delivered!!

No!!! It hasn’t been. 

Oh he will have to raise it as a lost in transit issue. They will contact me via email within 24-48 hours.  Hmmmh.  I am still waiting. My money has been collected. I tried web chatting again and this time the agent told me that first agent just assumed the item will be delivered as it was still on the same day even though the delivery slot had passed. 

He didn’t even check with the delivery team or van or whatever!

so I am here without a dryer (that I need desperately) and without an update!!!

what are my rights? 

Comments

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Rights under Consumer Rights to a refund .
  • cx6
    cx6 Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    contact currys and ask for a full refund.

if no joy contact your card company for a chargeback on the basis of non delivery

don't use Currys again.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 249K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure