We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
Building insurance
Ballygaddy
Posts: 2 Newbie
I am a 50 % co owner under the Do it Yourself Shared Ownership scheme. The Freeholder is a Social Landlord owns the block of flats, we have a flat. The other shared owner is a different Social Landlord, therefore our Landlord. We pay service charges to the Freeholder, which includes a provision for Buildings Insurance. I have discovered that the rent I pay to the Landlord, other co owner not the Freeholder, includes a provision for buildings insurance also. So it looks like I am paying for 2 lots of building insurance. Is this correct? And in the event of buildings insurance claim, which building insurance would I claim from, the Freeholder or the Landlord? I am thinking the Freeholder as they own the building. Many thanks in advance for any advice or comments.
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards