We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Home Insurance with Business on premises

Help, I need new home insurance.  But like alot of people I lost my shop and now run online from home.  Now I cant find an insurance for my home. Even though I can get business insurance. 

There must be a way of doing it as many people run online businesses these days.

All help appreciated.

Comments

  • Sandtree
    Sandtree Posts: 10,628 Forumite
    10,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper
    Many people dont realise they are invalidating their home insurance

    Speak to a local broker who can advise you of your options.
  • sec79
    sec79 Posts: 351 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    I am a registered ebay seller as a business and Direct Line were the only option I could find. Might be worth you giving them a call. I have my contents and household insurance through them
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 121,853 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    sec79 said:
    I am a registered ebay seller as a business and Direct Line were the only option I could find. Might be worth you giving them a call. I have my contents and household insurance through them
    There are more homeworker policies available than just direct line.   Although as it is a more specialist area, you tend not to find them on comparison sites but via brokers.

    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • rawy
    rawy Posts: 147 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Chadwick insurances in Poulton did my home policy with business including stock. Sell on Ebay & direct from home.

    Thanks 

    Rawy


★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.