cheap delivery company wanted

Options
Hi, I wondered if anybody could help, I have my own business and I need to send heavyweight items to my customers however shipping quotes are coming out really expensive. We will be sending to all over the uk. I have tried fastway but they don`t have any franchises in my area. At the moment the parcel I am trying to send is 168 kilograms and DHL and interlink have quoted over £230 we have tried another company wey group they are coming in at around £50 but this is still very expensive. We want to be as competitive as possible but at the moment our delivery cost`s aren`t anywhere near as cheap as our competitors.
Please help we have our website launching soon so I really need to get a competitive delivery price.
thanks
Nic

Comments

• Moneymaker
    Moneymaker Posts: 1,984 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Problem is, something that heavy has to be palletted and fork-lifted. HSE regs apply. Also, all carriers I'm aware of still use diesel or petrol, which is expensive, so, unless you can find a company with a Star-Trek transporter, you won't get the price below £50.

Also please note that oil production has peaked so prices will continue to go up as supply runs out. In ten years time it's going to cost £10 just to post a letter!
  • scbk
    scbk Posts: 1,216 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    £50 is a good price, make sure there aren't any geographic clauses with that deal though
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure