We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!
insurance claim from work
millionairmind
Posts: 38 Forumite
I have been looking for answers everywhere. Could not find anything.
I work for delivery companies on bicycles with Deliveroo, Uber Eats, and Hungry panda. Whilst at work I was assaulted in October which led to injuries and I was out of work for over a month. I was given a sick not and I have all the surgery proof and even a police crime number.
Because all these companies have insurance, I can make a claim for loss of earnings only whilst i was online and ready to receive orders which i was andDeliveroo paid me without a hassle.
UBER EATS
Now Uber eats said that I can apply for an injuries claim on their partner AXA with Crawford. I did it they are asking me for the full police report. The police gave me the report but it says the following on the report
''Crime xxxx/xxxx is an open investigation and therefore we are unable to disclose to you at this time''
When I sent this to the insurance company this is the reply:
''We can only proceed when we get the full police report regarding this incident''
What am I supposed to do in this case with them? It's like they are trying their best to avoid paying anything.
HUNGRY PANDA
I spoke to Another rider who was injured whilst he was working, they registered him and paid him out for his claim.
This company is operated by Chinese people. I contacted them on WhatsApp as this is the only means of contacting them. They ignored me, so spammed them this is the reply i got which they ignored me afterward.
''Our insurance partner is Collective Benefit, but since our drivers and riders are self-employed, no insurance coverage on every drivers/ riders''
I replied back by saying please register me so I can make a claim and they ignored me.
Yesterday I contacted them back asking for registration of insurance so I can make a claim so this is what they replied back
''Im sorry to say that, you were not in the insurance list last month. So im afraid that cant claim this time''
I replied back with a screenshot of the old conversation, saying i already told you to register me last month and you didn't. So hungry panda replied '' i will ask the insurance company and get back to you'' So i replied back saying another rider was in the same situation and you paid them out through insurance why the hassle for me? Here is Hungry panda's reply
''because we dont actually provide insurance immediately to all the drivers/ riders. we only provide insurance to the ones who stably cooperate with us.''
I am sure they are doing something illegal. What can i do in this situation, please? I am being played
I work for delivery companies on bicycles with Deliveroo, Uber Eats, and Hungry panda. Whilst at work I was assaulted in October which led to injuries and I was out of work for over a month. I was given a sick not and I have all the surgery proof and even a police crime number.
Because all these companies have insurance, I can make a claim for loss of earnings only whilst i was online and ready to receive orders which i was andDeliveroo paid me without a hassle.
UBER EATS
Now Uber eats said that I can apply for an injuries claim on their partner AXA with Crawford. I did it they are asking me for the full police report. The police gave me the report but it says the following on the report
''Crime xxxx/xxxx is an open investigation and therefore we are unable to disclose to you at this time''
When I sent this to the insurance company this is the reply:
''We can only proceed when we get the full police report regarding this incident''
What am I supposed to do in this case with them? It's like they are trying their best to avoid paying anything.
HUNGRY PANDA
I spoke to Another rider who was injured whilst he was working, they registered him and paid him out for his claim.
This company is operated by Chinese people. I contacted them on WhatsApp as this is the only means of contacting them. They ignored me, so spammed them this is the reply i got which they ignored me afterward.
''Our insurance partner is Collective Benefit, but since our drivers and riders are self-employed, no insurance coverage on every drivers/ riders''
I replied back by saying please register me so I can make a claim and they ignored me.
Yesterday I contacted them back asking for registration of insurance so I can make a claim so this is what they replied back
''Im sorry to say that, you were not in the insurance list last month. So im afraid that cant claim this time''
I replied back with a screenshot of the old conversation, saying i already told you to register me last month and you didn't. So hungry panda replied '' i will ask the insurance company and get back to you'' So i replied back saying another rider was in the same situation and you paid them out through insurance why the hassle for me? Here is Hungry panda's reply
''because we dont actually provide insurance immediately to all the drivers/ riders. we only provide insurance to the ones who stably cooperate with us.''
I am sure they are doing something illegal. What can i do in this situation, please? I am being played
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards