Do I have to have a life insurance review?

I have pestered continuously over the last few weeks from my life insurance company who say I have to have a review. My policy has been with them for over 20years so why does it have to be reviewed? They have made me feel it is by latest regulations 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    You don't have to, but it's usually a wise decision to review your cover, especially after twenty years.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,332 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    I have pestered continuously over the last few weeks from my life insurance company who say I have to have a review. 
    Are you sure it is your life assurance company that is "pestering" you and not a scammer?

Life assurance companies do not encourage you to have a review.    There are plenty of cold calling scams going on pretending you do and one of the lies they tell you is that it is government regulations or regulator requirements.    If you are being told that then its potentially fraudulent.   Scam life assurance phone calls are very common.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback