Spain Travel

Options
Hi as a result of the new restrictions for Spain where children aged 12 to 15 have to be double jabbed to enter during December, will my airline refund my money now that I can not travel or will my travel insurance cover this ?

Comments

• Andy_L
    Andy_L Posts: 12,803 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Airline - only if the ticket is cancelable
    Insurance - Depends on what it says
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,256 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Unless you bought refundable tickets or the flight is cancelled the airline are not required to refund you. They may allow you to change flights to a later date- for a fee.

You will need to check your travel insurance policy to see if it covers you for government restrictions.
  • LJW1980
    Options
    Hi, we booked a holiday last year to go to Lanzarote (Spain) for July this year. Since booking , Spain have said that over 12s must be fully vaccinated or they will be refused entry, the problem we have is that my son turns 12 three days prior to departure so won't have time to be vaccinated. 
    I was just wondering if anyone has any news or advise on where we stand with this as to whether we are in a no win situation or is there a grace period for people turning 12. Anyones help or advise would be much appreciated.

• onashoestring
    onashoestring Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited 19 January 2022 at 6:45PM
    Options
    At the time of writing, there are no exemptions for unvaccinated over 12s to enter Spain ( same applies to those who have only had one dose ) 

Your options today are :

• your travel company may allow you to rebook for a later date or change destination.

However it’s also possible that Spain may change the rules again before your holiday 

Your insurance policy may cover a claim as there has been a change in rules since you booked the holiday . ( providing you didn’t purchase the policy after the rule change. ) I would expect that a claim for this would need to be made much closer to the date of your holiday - as the rules for entry could change multiple times before then. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback