MSE News: BA passenger wins battle for cash refund after successfully taking the airline to court

Options
13»

Comments

• CKhalvashi
    CKhalvashi Posts: 12,064 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Thankyou for your reply. 

I think for me its the fact that they keep changing their minds as to their reasoning for not giving the refund, as it's not consistent. Obviously they then offered the refund two weeks ago, but have now retracted that which surely is wrong in itself ? 

Yes I do still have all correspondance from them. I need to dig out the exact wording.

We were due to fly LGW to Mauritius, my recollections are the same as yours, I know some flights were operating but I didn't think we were allowed to enter Mauritius at that time although could be wrong. 

I will take a look at FlyerTalk thankyou, I haven't heard of that and I will also wait and see how they respond to my most recent email this morning. 

Appreciate your reply thankyou. 

Generalising a lot here but it would be your responsibility to meet the entry requirements, not BA's responsibility to cancel the flights.

I flew from Paris to London in December with a travel ban to France in place (although I'd have been eligible to enter France anyway). The flight operating out was a bit essential to being able to fly on it back, and therefore ran for the benefit of EU nationals (I fall into that category but was there for work so would have been eligible to enter even if I didn't) and French residents who needed to use it. Anyone ineligible to enter France who was booked on the outbound flight in this case would not have been due a refund.
    💙💛 💔
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure