IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Northampton County Court Business Centre - Papers sent to wrong address

Options
Hi all - Originally posted this on the wrong thread (apologies to all cocerned) but would still appreciate some help with a specific question re the above. 

I opened a letter yesterday from the County Court Business Centre - couldn't see the name of who it was adressed to (hidden by the envelope), but it transpires it was meant to be sent to our daughter who hasn't lived here for 18 months. Appears to be a claim from "Link Partking" for unathorised parking in the block she lived in three years ago which is crazy as she was a resident of the block during the time of the alleged incident (and had a permit)! I've read the Newbies section and if I have read it correctly, our plan of action is to -

1. Register & ACKNOWLEDGE the claim online to buy extra time.
2. Leave any details of the defence blank at this stage (i.e. just state that we dispute the claim) and then
3. Wait to hear back form them and then use one of the templates here to fashion our defence in full (plenty of relevant examples to choose from).

Assuming the above is all OK, my immediate query concerns how to address the incorrect address on the claim form?? Should I contact them on behalf of my daughter, or should I get her to contact them and explain the error? All thoughts appreciated!    

Comments

• BrownTrout
    BrownTrout Posts: 2,298 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    When you register with MCOL put your daughters address then any court documents will go to her.
    Then get your daughter to contact BW/Link to rectify the address issue.
  • roddw1
    Options
    Thanks  - I think it might be better if I get her to register with MCOL (cut's out me the middle man)?
  • roddw1
    Options
    and just to TRIPLE confirm  - when completing the acknowlegement to MCOL we DONT detail our defence, we just tick the box that indicates we defend all of the claim?
  • D_P_Dance
    D_P_Dance Posts: 11,504 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Ask her to complain to her MP.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,395 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    roddw1 said:
    and just to TRIPLE confirm  - when completing the acknowledgement to MCOL we DONT detail our defence, we just tick the box that indicates we defend all of the claim?
    Put NOTHING, ZERO, ZILCH, NADA in the defence box on MCOL, your/daughter's defence will be submitted by e-mail.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 25 November 2021 at 2:43PM
    Options
    roddw1 said:
    and just to TRIPLE confirm  - when completing the acknowlegement to MCOL we DONT detail our defence, we just tick the box that indicates we defend all of the claim?
    Yes.  She does all the steps shown in pictures in the step by step pictorial guide to AOS.  It's in the NEWBIES thread 2nd post, all about 'what to do when' with a claim. 

I'd say she must also email the Claimant's solicitors (their emails are all over this forum if you search) and the CCBC as well, heading the email with the claim number and 'Data Rectification - incorrect address for Defendant' so they both take notice and no paperwork cones to the address on the claim from now on.  She must use the word 'ERASE' when telling them to erase the old address then there can be no confusion,

Do send her to register here.

We win 99% of cases or see discontinuances just before hearings (which are by phone, not scary).  Judges know all about private parking firms shenanigans and are very nice and understanding of consumers.  No CCJ risk as long as she meets all deadlines and no risk of paying more than the claim, in fact the 1% of people who lose pay LESS.

What's the date of issue, top of the claim?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • roddw1
    Options
    Thanks.  18th Nov but we have (today) registered and acknowledged on MCOL
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,894 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    roddw1 said:
      18th Nov but we have (today) registered and acknowledged on MCOL

With a Claim Issue Date of 18th November, and having filed an Acknowledgment of Service in a timely manner, you have until 4pm on Tuesday 21st December 2021 to file your Defence.

That's nearly four weeks away. Plenty of time to produce a Defence, but please don't leave it to the last minute.
    To create a Defence, and then file a Defence by email, look at the second post in the NEWBIES thread.
    Don't miss the deadline for filing a Defence.

Do not try and file a Defence via the MoneyClaimOnline website. Once an Acknowledgment of Service has been filed, the MCOL website should be treated as 'read only'.

Of course everywhere I have written 'you' or 'your' I mean the named Defendant.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback