Removing Hard Search

jag1979jag1979 Forumite
4 Posts
Fifth Anniversary Combo Breaker
MoneySaving Newbie
Hello Everyone,

I had placed a mobile phone contract order recently, with this horrible company Fonehouse. While taking the order they were showing expected delivery date of 12th Novemeber. So I placed the order, since then I have been chasing them up and each time they say order will be delivered next day and then no delivery comes. Now they are saying it can take upto two months for the model I ordered to be back in stock. As expected , I cancelled the order. Now as they did the hard credit search and then did not deliver the phone, can I get the search removed from my file? Because if I need to order the phone from mobiles.co.uk and they will also do the credit check and there will be two searches in short period on mu file. Thanks.

Replies

• The_Fat_ControllerThe_Fat_Controller Forumite
    983 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    It sounds as if it was a completely valid search as part of your order.
  • MrFrugalFeverMrFrugalFever Forumite
    279 Posts
    100 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Unlikely, that would be at the discretion of ‘fonehouse’.

You’d do well to leave it 3 months before applying for any further credit if you can get by. Have you tried a more reputable retailer? The one’s you mention I’ve never heard of.
    Current Debt - NOV 2021 - £6,543 remaining
    DFW BY MARCH 2022 LATEST
    New for 2022 - LISA savings challenge £4,000 by March 2023 - Starting April 2022
    Nectar savings challenge for 2022 - £50 (for Xmas shop)
    Cashback from cashback card saving challenge this year - £50 - Save the cashback and transfer to HTB ISA