what are the steps to remove an executor?

Options
Could anyone post a link or explain the steps you'd have to take to remove an executor please? Are they notified/warned first? He can't renounce as probate has been granted (and wouldn't anyway). Grounds are sufficient.

Comments

• Keep_pedalling
    Options
    Could anyone post a link or explain the steps you'd have to take to remove an executor please? Are they notified/warned first? He can't renounce as probate has been granted (and wouldn't anyway). Grounds are sufficient.
    https://www.thegazette.co.uk/all-notices/content/103565
  • RonsDaughter
    Options
    Thanks. Can anyone tell me if the executor is informed of the intention to remove him? Does he have an opportunity to explain his actions/plead his cause? 
  • elsien
    elsien Posts: 32,846 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thanks. Can anyone tell me if the executor is informed of the intention to remove him? Does he have an opportunity to explain his actions/plead his cause? 
    I would hope so. You’d potentially have any number of vexatious claims going on otherwise.
    All shall be well, and all shall be well, and all manner of things shall be well.

Pedant alert - it's could have, not could of.
  • Thrugelmir
    Thrugelmir Posts: 89,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You'll need to apply to the Courts. Have you sought legal advice? 
  • SevenOfNine
    SevenOfNine Posts: 2,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You could google Contentious Probate Solicitors, you may be able to glean some advice for free & learn a little about the 'how' process, if they think they'll get your business.

I'm not suggesting you use one (NO experience whatsoever with that myself), but IF you did be mindful that "no win, no fee" doesn't mean costs wouldn't be awarded against you! 

Maybe someone who has been down that route (succeeded or regretted), or researched it, can advise further.
    Seen it all, done it all, can't remember most of it.
  • RonsDaughter
    RonsDaughter Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 November 2021 at 10:32AM
    Options
    You'll need to apply to the Courts. Have you sought legal advice? 
    Yes, legal advice has been taken regarding if I have grounds or not. Thank you
  • RonsDaughter
    Options
    Thank you everyone! 

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family