Online shopping for elderly people.

edited 30 December 2021 at 8:25AM in Gone Off!
15 replies 810 views
2»

Replies

• NelskiNelski Forumite
    14.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to point out that carrying shopping inside (Ocado, Waitrose) doesn't mean that the driver will be wearing a mask, to keep elderly people safer. WHO says just wearing a mask, cuts transmission by 53% but supermarkets aren't taking this advice onboard..

All the drivers Ive had do as do mums. Maybe you need to give that feedback it sounds odd
  • Rosa_DamascenaRosa_Damascena Forumite
    3.8K Posts
    1,000 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just wanted to point out that carrying shopping inside (Ocado, Waitrose) doesn't mean that the driver will be wearing a mask, to keep elderly people safer. WHO says just wearing a mask, cuts transmission by 53% but supermarkets aren't taking this advice onboard..

That doesn’t mean to say my grandmother could wear one instead 
    The mask doesn't protect the user but is for the benefit of anyone in their vicinity. 
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • MrsStepfordMrsStepford Forumite
    849 Posts
    500 Posts Third Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't had a delivery driver wearing a mask since the so-called Freedom Day.

Ocado, Waitrose, Sainsbury's, ASDA, Tesco, Morrisons, Iceland, Abel & Cole, Riverford and DPD, Hermes, Parcelforce from farms and Holland & Barrett. Not one person wearing a mask. Three people (ASDA, DPD, Parcelforce) were extremely belligerent, demanding that I open my front door with them standing on my doorstep about 15cm away.

• MnoeeMnoee Forumite
    360 Posts
    100 Posts First Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    I get pretty frequent deliveries and the majority are masked, or are happy to leave a parcel on the step while I thumbs up through the window. To be honest, I do this masked or not as I'm bad at small talk and pleasantries. Maybe 50% of my grocery drivers are masked, but they drop a crate at the door and go get the next one - I'm around them for a similar time to passing someone in the street.

Though, I'm in NI, masks are still required in shops etc. 'Freedom day' still hasn't happened here, and I'm glad of it. 
  • DebranDebran Forumite
    323 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    ✭✭
    I use Asda mainly. There is a box on the website where you can enter any special instructions for delivery.  I put "Back door, please".  When the delivery person comes, I open the door and ask them to come in and put the groceries from the trays onto my kitchen worksurface.  Meanwhile I stand well back, out of their way.  Never had a problem and they are always polite and cheerful.