We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Vet Sure dog insurance?

Options
We have brought home our new puppy and I'm trying to navigate the maze of pet insurance plans. The vets we use recommend Vet Sure on their website. However this company does not appear on Which? reviews. (Possibly because it's a small company and not enough Which members use it so it didn't show up in their survey?)
We did use Petplan for a few years with our previous dogs but cancelled it when my partner was made redundant. Our breeder sent us home with a Petplan application which includes 4 weeks free. 
I know there is a sticky thread about insurance but it is long, and unwieldy.

Thanks
Edit, just looked at the Which chart and Pet Plan doesn't seem to be on there either.

Comments

• KxMx
    KxMx Posts: 10,631 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Can't speak as to Vet Sure, but Pet Plan are the best, not the cheapest but still the best. 
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,490 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The advantage of Petplan is they do not hike your premium if you make a claim. Most other insurances do.

However, Petplan does tend to be more expensive.  They have been in business for many years.

You could also look at    Bought by Many who offer a selection of policies.

Whichever you chose do it sooner than later as anything that you consult your vet about , whether treatment ios given or not, before taking out the insurance,  will be considered a pre existing condition .

Going with Petplan through the breeder would get you  immediate  cover. other policies will have an exclusion period before you are covered. This is normally two or three weeks from commencement of cover.

Read the policy document thoroughly before you buy to make sure you know exactly what you are covered for.
  • Kinski
    Kinski Posts: 874 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    A family member had to make a huge claim of thousands with Bought by many a couple of years ago, it was very straight forward, when the policy came up from renewal it only went up by about £40 for the year. I’m also with bought by many but never had to make a claim. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure