Radflek radiator reflectors

Options
Fracas10
Fracas10 Posts: 1 Newbie
First Anniversary
edited 19 November 2021 at 5:25AM in Praise, vent & warnings
What a con the free offer is! I clicked on the link at the time stated, completed my delivery details, submitted the form all in the space of less than one minute. I got the message that there was a server error, resubmitted the form successfully after a couple of tries, only to get the message that the freebies were all gone BUT I could purchase at a discount. No thanks, Radflek....I'll take my money elsewhere.

Comments

• IvanOpinion
    IvanOpinion Posts: 22,215 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Nearly all offers are limited to a certain number and once they have gone they have gone.  The server error was possibly down to it being overloaded by many other people trying to avail of the same offer.  Some people succeeded, you were unsuccessful.

Que sera sera.
    Past caring about first world problems.
  • coffeehound
    coffeehound Posts: 5,696 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's the same every year.  The winners probably have their computer set up to auto-fill the information fields instantly
  • ComicGeek
    ComicGeek Posts: 1,539 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Still fairly pointless, given that modern radiators only provide about 10% of their heat as radiant heat - given that less that half of the radiant heat would be directed to the wall behind the radiator, and that the product possibly reflects 95% of the radiant heat only where the actual sheet is and not above/below/side of, you are probably only saving 2-3% of heat output at best.  

All of the test data is undertaken on walls without any insulation, and therefore the benefits are even lower/non-existent for the more than 50% of houses that do have external wall insulation. The website should be absolutely clear that any claims are based on solid uninsulated walls, but it's not.

Not too bad if you can get them for free, but not worth paying for IMO. 
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,342 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    They  sat that the offer of  1000 freebies are sold out within 30 secs each year.

Server error was probably because it was over loaded with people trying to access the site.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback