Problem with R40 form being returned?
I am trying to claim back the tax I paid when I was refunded a PPI payment. I filled in the R40 form online and have been sent a letter from HMRC saying "We need you to confirm the details of your income. Please send us the documentation which show details of your PPI claim, including the simple interest calculation from the tax year 2019 to 2020" - I understand the "send your PPI claim" part, but not the second part! Can anyone enlighten me on what this simple calculation is? I filled in the form as best I could and I'm not sure what they need, is it just a copy of the whole PPI claim/refund I got so they can see what tax I paid...? Thank you anyone in advance.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors
- All Categories
- 340.1K Banking & Borrowing
- 249.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 448.3K Spending & Discounts
- 231.9K Work, Benefits & Business
- 603K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 171.6K Life & Family
- 245.1K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
- 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards