Loan after mortgage

Options
COYI123
COYI123 Posts: 116 Forumite
First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
Hello everyone hope your all well, I have just completed this week and got my keys on Tuesday , I was wondering how long I should wait to apply for credit ? I’ve seen this present I want to get on goldsmiths which is with v12 finance group , and was just wondering when I should apply for it ? It’s £5500 in credit , but I’ve been thinking that I should be okay , because when I go on ClearScore and go on my offers for loans, I’m already pre approved 100% for a loan up to £15000 , so I cousin see why v12 wouldn’t lend that to me ? Any help would be much appreciated !

Comments

• jonesey1985
    Options
    Given the change of address you'll probably find those offers will dry up.

Besides, why are you borrowing a ridiculous amount of money for a present?  If you can't afford to pay for it outright, it's far too much.
  • COYI123
    Options

Besides, why are you borrowing a ridiculous amount of money for a present?  If you can't afford to pay for it outright, it's far too much.
    It’s a watch , the person I’m getting it for has always been wanted it , and I said I’d get it one day , I can easily afford to pay back the monthly payments on the watch , was just wondering if I’d get declined as I’ve just started my mortgage 
  • jonesey1985
    Options
    COYI123 said:

It’s a watch , the person I’m getting it for has always been wanted it , and I said I’d get it one day , I can easily afford to pay back the monthly payments on the watch , was just wondering if I’d get declined as I’ve just started my mortgage 
    Then get it one day when you've saved the money up.

Borrowing such a large sum of money for a present is lunacy.
  • Grumpy_chap
    Grumpy_chap Posts: 14,908 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    It's lovely to get someone a gift that is what they always wanted and for you to be looking to be true to your promise to get it for them one day when you can afford it.

IMO, this type of promise can only be afforded when you can do so from savings and without jeopardising your day-to-day or emergency funds.  A true friend will fully understand that - indeed, I would be mortified if I thought a friend was getting themselves into debt for me.
  • COYI123
    Options
    It's lovely to get someone a gift that is what they always wanted and for you to be looking to be true to your promise to get it for them one day when you can afford it.

IMO, this type of promise can only be afforded when you can do so from savings and without jeopardising your day-to-day or emergency funds.  A true friend will fully understand that - indeed, I would be mortified if I thought a friend was getting themselves into debt for me.
    I CAN afford to buy it outright right now and still be comfortable , but I’d prefer to get it on finance , bear in mind the finance company is 0% interest , I can easily afford the monthly payments and it leaves me with around £1000 disposable income after all my bills still , and that’s not including my partners disposable income either , I’m just wondering if I’d get accepted or not considering I’ve just gone and completed on my mortgage , that’s all I want to know , I don’t care about repayments or money side of it , all I want to know is if I get accepted 
  • jonesey1985
    Options
    COYI123 said:

I CAN afford to buy it outright right now and still be comfortable , but I’d prefer to get it on finance , bear in mind the finance company is 0% interest , I can easily afford the monthly payments and it leaves me with around £1000 disposable income after all my bills still , and that’s not including my partners disposable income either , I’m just wondering if I’d get accepted or not considering I’ve just gone and completed on my mortgage , that’s all I want to know , I don’t care about repayments or money side of it , all I want to know is if I get accepted 
    Nobody on here is going to be able to tell you if you're going to be accepted. The only ones who can do that are the finance company, after you've applied.
  • COYI123
    Options
    COYI123 said:

Nobody on here is going to be able to tell you if you're going to be accepted. The only ones who can do that are the finance company, after you've applied.
    Do you also think it’s worth waiting for my address to update on my credit reports , because If I go to apply with my new address I’ve just moved in to , they might have not recognised it on my credit report yet so it might fail?
  • jonesey1985
    Options
    COYI123 said:
    COYI123 said:

Do you also think it’s worth waiting for my address to update on my credit reports , because If I go to apply with my new address I’ve just moved in to , they might have not recognised it on my credit report yet so it might fail?
    The act of changing address is going to cause problems anyway.  If you're hell-bent on applying for finance for a gift then just apply.  You have the cash to buy it anyway so it matters little if you're turned down.
  • COYI123
    Options
    COYI123 said:
    COYI123 said:

The act of changing address is going to cause problems anyway.  If you're hell-bent on applying for finance for a gift then just apply.  You have the cash to buy it anyway so it matters little if you're turned down.
    Why would a change of address cause major problems though ? 
  • Sncjw
    Sncjw Posts: 3,510 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Why not just buy it outright if you can afford it. I too think it's madness considering you just bought a house I bet they would rather you put the money towards the house. 

Wait a few years when you have settled. 
    Mortgage free wannabe 

Actual mortgage stating amount £75,150

Overpayment start date 1/3/23.

Starting balance £66,565.45

Current balance £63,787.16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts