Ps5 preorder site scam using Game

Options
Hi,  I've been trying to preorder a PS5 console for my son like many others. I was given a site to preorder that was identical to Game. I ordered and paid and had message to say order accepted and I would be notified when it had shipped. The contact details were exactly same as Game. On checking my bank account much later that evening the money had gone to Fur Damen an online ladies clothing store. I cannot find anything on them and the website was closed down immediately after payment cleared. I contacted Halifax who said I have to.wait 30 days to see if item arrives. Is this correct? If website no longer exists what should I do. I am usually really diligent with stuff like this but it all looked right. Any help greatly appreciated as I can't afford to lose this much money.  Many Thanks

Comments

• MattMattMattUK
    Options
    mammyk66 said:
    Hi,  I've been trying to preorder a PS5 console for my son like many others. I was given a site to preorder that was identical to Game. I ordered and paid and had message to say order accepted and I would be notified when it had shipped. The contact details were exactly same as Game. On checking my bank account much later that evening the money had gone to Fur Damen an online ladies clothing store. I cannot find anything on them and the website was closed down immediately after payment cleared. I contacted Halifax who said I have to.wait 30 days to see if item arrives. Is this correct? If website no longer exists what should I do. I am usually really diligent with stuff like this but it all looked right. Any help greatly appreciated as I can't afford to lose this much money.  Many Thanks
    You will need to wait 30 days, then start a chargeback for non receipt of goods.
  • JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would be having a word with whoever gave you this fake site .
  • Bradden
    Bradden Posts: 1,097 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    May also depend on how you paid? Paypal?
  • RumbleRobot
    Options
    Your best bet is to sign up to this site and get alerts as soon as they are in stock and then jump on it and buy it:

stockinformer (dot co dot uk)

You won't find any sites at the moment taking pre-orders they just sell out as soon as they get stock.
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 15 November 2021 at 12:22PM
    Options
    mammyk66 said:
    Who gave you the site ?

Should always always type the address yourself OR you ask for advice or just stick Game into Bing/Google and its the first search result.

Game has a .co.uk at the end, how different was the site you went to ?

If your wanting to buy from Game then follow your local store on Twitter and Facebook, they post when they have stock.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback