edited 12 November 2021 at 7:19PM in Deaths, Funerals & Probate
25 replies 1.6K views
13»

Replies

• Hal17Hal17 Forumite
    166 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    Forumite
    Can I please ask any of you kind folk that have already settled the CGT that was due, what expenses you were able to claim when completing the online process? 

I have read that you can claim the estate agent fees and solicitor fees and also "other fees" which were not specified in the information that I found. Really appreciate any feedback. Many thanks.
  • Keep_pedallingKeep_pedalling Forumite
    11.6K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Hal17 said:
    Can I please ask any of you kind folk that have already settled the CGT that was due, what expenses you were able to claim when completing the online process? 

I have read that you can claim the estate agent fees and solicitor fees and also "other fees" which were not specified in the information that I found. Really appreciate any feedback. Many thanks.
    About the only other thing that could be claimed is expenditure on improvements, but unless you have done things like add central heating where none existed before,  It is unlikely you can claim any more than EA fees and conveyance fees. I can’t actually think of any other sort of fees you would encounter in selling a house.
  • ThrugelmirThrugelmir Forumite
    89.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    @HAL17 Did you pay for a professional valuation of the property, i.e. a RICS surveyor? 
  • Hal17Hal17 Forumite
    166 Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 100 Posts
    Forumite
    Thank you both for the prompt replies, much appreciated.

I have not incurred any of those two additional costs. I thought maybe it was just the probate costs that were included. Perhaps I just misunderstood the context of what I was reading. Thanks you again.
  • BooJewelsBooJewels Forumite
    1.5K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    I have included, in my early back of the envelope jottings (house about to complete), the fee for the EPC survey - I think that was 90 quid and an earlier valuation survey.