The Government will at last tell students in England about the university ‘parental contribution’

Options
2»

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,645 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    That is very poor of the schools/colleges. I was a school governor and every sixth form open day/careers event that talked about university made sure to highlight the issue with parental contributions - with more detail available to anyone who asked.

The Student Room is sadly full of queries from young people whose parents can't, or won't, make up the shortfall. Just because the household income is higher it doesn't necessarily follow that there is surplus money as people make commitments based on their incomes. That is why getting the word out earlier in the children's school life at least gives a chance to get some money saved.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback