Lateral Flow Test day 2 question..

Options
Hi everyone.
First time poster on here.
I'm a little confused about the day 2 lft despite reading various websites.
I go to Lanzarote on the 19th of November, returning on the 26th.
I understand the passenger locator form has to be filled in no more than 48 hours before returning home and a lft has to be booked before I fill this in. My question is, can I book and pay for the lft before I go on holiday or do I have to do this while I am abroad, 48 hours before I return?

Comments

• emmajones1976
    emmajones1976 Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 7 November 2021 at 10:15AM
    Options
    You can book and pay for it whenever you want (i did it the morning I left the UK but there would have been nothing stopping me doing it the day I returned) but I wouldnt advise doing it too far ahead of time as rules can always change again.

Some websites will only let you order it a week or two weeks before though.
  • ade1970
    Options
    Thanks for your advice 👍
  • lovingthemoney
    Options
    The Passenger Location Form can ONLY be completed (less than) 48 hours BEfore travelling home.. try doing this where the internet does not work!
    The QR code section does NOT WORK, a fact the site accepts, BUT even with this printed out Hurghada Airport in Egypt check in will NOT LET YOU CHECK IN!!!

• emmajones1976
    emmajones1976 Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 11 November 2021 at 1:48PM
    Options
    The Passenger Location Form can ONLY be completed (less than) 48 hours BEfore travelling home.. try doing this where the internet does not work!
    The QR code section does NOT WORK, a fact the site accepts, BUT even with this printed out Hurghada Airport in Egypt check in will NOT LET YOU CHECK IN!!!

Erm, yes it does. Happily let me upload a screenshot of my 2nd jab QR code from the NHS app.

And it would be the airline not letting you check in, not the airport.
  • pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Can I add a further question regarding Day 2 testing on return.  If flying home and landing at 22.30 on a Friday, is day 2 Saturday or Sunday?  Puzzled!
  • josephine82
    Options
    pattycake said:
    Can I add a further question regarding Day 2 testing on return.  If flying home and landing at 22.30 on a Friday, is day 2 Saturday or Sunday?  Puzzled!
    It needs to be done before the end of Day 2. 

In your case, Day 1 is Saturday, day 2 is Sunday. So you need to do it by the end of Sunday. 

Debt free as of 2 October 2009
    Mortgage free as of 27 March 2024
  • pattycake
    pattycake Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you for clarifying that for me.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income