IVA's and Salary Sacrifice

Hi There. 

I am currently in the first year of my IVA and have been doing some research this week on IVA's and Salary Sacrifices. Unfortunately I am unable to find a concrete answer to the question I keep asking (Maybe it's just me).

Here's my predicament -

I have a car that is 14 years old and has 170k on the clock. As each day goes by I get more and more nervous that old workhorse is going to give up the ghost and go to the scrapyard in the sky.

My job requires me to travel to work each day due to the nature of what I do. From a distance perspective i travel 20k per year (98% of that being travelling to and from work) 

I spend on average £450 on fuel and have been looking at the benefit of full Electric vehicles, mainly because my work place offers free electric parking. The numbers stack up naturally and the impact if any to my IVA would be minimal. It would probably benefit them if anything....

My company offers a Car salary sacrifice scheme.
Prior to contacting the company I did some research online. I have come across numerous articles whereby people have managed to apply to a car salary sacrifice scheme successfully, although in an IVA agreement. Alot of these inform their debtors and have no issues, as long as there is no impact to their monthly repayments.

I contacted my companies scheme and was advised that if I applied I would fail a credit check, therefore I would not qualify for the scheme. 
Alot of the articles online state that credit checks aren't done on salary sacrifice and I come across this advice regularly (this could be mis information but it's hard to distinguish) 

I was hoping someone maybe able to shed some light on the above? And whether it is, or is not possible to get a car on salary sacrifice when in an IVA Agreement?

Many Thanks

Comments

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport