PPI threatening action for claim I didn’t get

Hi
PPI beat me down. I told them I had mortgage cover that I was happy with but if they wanted they could look for something else.
they found what I know I already had and I’ve told them by phone numerous times that I’m happy with that PPI. 
Now they’ve sent me a letter through a debt recovery agency pursuing me for their fee. I haven’t received any money because I’m keeping the PPI I knew about. I can obviously prove that I haven’t cashed the ppi refund I’m still paying by DD.

surely they can’t force me to pay a fee for something I haven’t received?
please advise, thanks. 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Is it a time waster fee they're charging? Or a fee based on redress they believe you received?
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,345
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    If you have received a refund cheque even if you haven't cashed it then you owe them money.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Brie said:
    If you have received a refund cheque even if you haven't cashed it then you owe them money.  
    I haven’t received a cheque. I received a letter saying I was eligible to claim if I wanted. However as this was for the ppi I knew about and was happy with, I did not respond.
  • brettcta
    brettcta Posts: 4,693
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    It sounds like a time waster fee. 

Post up the details of the invoice (I.e. what they’re actually billing for) and we’ll be able to advise properly.
    helpful tips
    it's spelt d-e-f-i-n-i-t-e-l-y
    there - 'in or at that place'
    their - 'owned by them'
    they're - 'they are'
    it's bought not brought (i just bought my chicken a suit from that new shop for £6.34)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback