Gaps in sliding quadrant shower doors - faulty installation or doors?

Options
My bathroom fitter installed a Hudson Reed apex quadrant shower enclosure on what he assures me is a level shower tray. The sliding doors have a fixed magnetic seal but there are gaps when closed both at the top and bottom. They close fine in the middle. Fitter at a loss to know how to adjust, as the verticals (panels, doors and fixed frames) all appear level and the enclosure seems level horizontally at the top too. How likely is it the doors are faulty or the installation? If the latter, can anyone advise a fix? 

Comments

• Ganga
    Ganga Posts: 4,159 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Check the doors for straightness top to bottom ,is there a handle in the middle butting up before the doors meet up?
    ITS NOT EASY TO GET EVERYTHING WRONG ,I HAVE TO WORK HARD TO DO IT!
  • BUFF
    BUFF Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    can you post 1 or more photo(s)?
  • SweetJane25
    Options
    Thanks for the replies. I think we have a fix. The supplier has suggested knocking the magnetic seals together with pieces of wood at the top & bottom. I thought they’d come pre-fitted but the installation leaflet suggests they were attached by bathroom fitter. Supplier suggested they’ve been pushed too far onto the glass. Have attached a couple of photos in case it helps someone else with a similar problem in future. 
  • BUFF
    BUFF Posts: 2,185 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    if the profiles/seals are too far apart at the top & bottom but meet at the middle it suggests to me that it would be better knocking the middle further onto the glass? I would not have thought that it was possible to push the profiles too far onto the glass (& I worked for a very large shower enclosure manufacturer for 20 years) - there should be a natural stop.
  • Another_Level
    Options
    Iirc some manufactures supply magnetic seal's where they need to be onsite fitted The push fit channel can be tight fit onto the glass door's.

Usually fitted them and with care close the doors together several times with a little more force but not slamming, the channel soon beds it self onto the glass door edges.

See you have it sorted, great  :)
    Choose Stabila ! 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    On ours (different brand), the top rollers have adjusting screws to sort the closing gap and smooth running.
  • SweetJane25
    Options
    Thanks all. Adjusting screws were making no difference as gaps were at top and bottom. Fitter has returned to finish job - confirmed the profiles were already fitted on the doors. A bit of gentle hammering with a wood block seems to have evened them up and solved the problem 👍
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback