🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Dampen Rain Sound on Conservatory Roof

Options
Hi all,

We’ve a conservatory with a polycarbonate roof.

When it rains, it is so loud.

Is there any way to dampen this sound?

Thanks!

Comments

• TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,624 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Only by replacing the polycarbonate roof with glass.  Our neighbours conservatory had a polycarbonate roof and you couldn't hear yourself speak over the noise of heavy rain.  We had glass, and that was nothing like as noisy but still not exactly quiet.
  • Rosa_Damascena
    Options
    TELLIT01 said:
    Only by replacing the polycarbonate roof with glass.  Our neighbours conservatory had a polycarbonate roof and you couldn't hear yourself speak over the noise of heavy rain.  We had glass, and that was nothing like as noisy but still not exactly quiet.
    Or something else entirely. 

My old conservatory had the dreaded polycarbonate roof and I found the same, a very first world problem given the luxury of the space it gave me. On the occasion there were hailstones the size of golf balls, well that was scary!!
    No man is worth crawling on this earth.

So much to read, so little time.
  • TELLIT01
    TELLIT01 Posts: 16,624 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    TELLIT01 said:
    Or something else entirely

My old conservatory had the dreaded polycarbonate roof and I found the same, a very first world problem given the luxury of the space it gave me. On the occasion there were hailstones the size of golf balls, well that was scary!!
    True.  We have since replaced our conservatory glass roof with a solid lightweight one, but that was for a different reason.

• thegreenone
    thegreenone Posts: 1,035 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    We replaced our old wooden conservatory that had a poly roof.  We looked at a proper extension but it would've, dramatically, cut the light to the lounge.

We now have a new one with solar reflective glass on the roof, underfloor heating, large sliding doors, big ceiling fan/light and use it as a dining room/second lounge with BT Sport on the second TV, so I get the main TV quite a lot now!  It's my favourite room and I'm sitting here now.  It's never too hot or too cold. Just right.  My Sweet Pepper plants (small trees) love it.  

Sorry I can't answer your actual question but I think you now know the answer and I realise it does cost money!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure