Still get bills from vigin despite leaving over 2 months ago

Options
I left virgin over 2 months ago as I was sick of chappy service and even worse "customer service " and I use that term very loosely as it is non existent! 
Despite this they are still sending me bills, 
There is no way to email or contact a real person and I refuse to spend any money in phone calls to understand why they are doing this, I don't owe them any fees of any kind so why am I still getting bills? 

Comments

• hatrick54
    Options
    hatrick54 said:
    I left virgin over 2 months ago as I was sick of chappy service and even worse "customer service " and I use that term very loosely as it is non existent! 
    There is no way to email or contact a real person and I refuse to spend any money in phone calls to understand why they are doing this, I don't owe them any fees of any kind so why am I still getting bills? 
    Crappy not chappy 🤣 
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    hatrick54 said:
    I don't owe them any fees of any kind so why am I still getting bills? 
    Only they can tell you this, so one way or another, you need to speak to them. You won't be charged for an 0800 call.

It could be arrears, a non-cancelled contract or something else, but ignoring it is the worst thing to do.

• JJ_Egan
    JJ_Egan Posts: 20,281 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Reads as this chappy may never have actually cancelled VM service .
    OP how did you cancel the VM contract .
  • iniltous
    iniltous Posts: 3,082 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Unlike changing providers that use Openreach , where the gaining provider serves notice to the losing provider on your behalf,  unless VM are asked to port the phone number ,  VM won’t know you want to leave, what’s more , they sometimes ‘cease’ one service but continue to supply others,  ( TV for example ) even if they stop supplying phone and or broadband, so unless you contacted them , they may be oblivious to the fact you now use someone else 
  • MalMonroe
    MalMonroe Posts: 5,783 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Did you let them know you were leaving?  If not, that's why they are still sending you bills.

If I were you I'd check my credit reports because Virgin is probably reporting late payments. At least two months' worth, and counting. 

You say " I refuse to spend any money in phone calls" but wouldn't it be worth it to get the matter sorted out and get rid of them for good? By not contacting them, the only person who is going to end up suffering is you. They don't care because they won't lose out but you will if you end up with a poor credit report.
    Please note - taken from the Forum Rules and amended for my own personal use (with thanks) : It is up to you to investigate, check, double-check and check yet again before you make any decisions or take any action based on any information you glean from any of my posts. Although I do carry out careful research before posting and never intend to mislead or supply out-of-date or incorrect information, please do not rely 100% on what you are reading. Verify everything in order to protect yourself as you are responsible for any action you consequently take.
    980233 Posts: 197 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hatrick54 said:
    Then you kinda between a rock and a hard place then.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback