Credit Card Blocking ?

dino2020
dino2020 Posts: 25 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
edited 24 October 2021 at 8:22PM in Credit cards
Hi,

If we hold a Credit Card with  our Bank , say  Mastercard and there was an undisclosed account problem with that Bank that caused some temporary freeze on all our accounts within that Bank,  would that cause any problem with other MasterCards we hold with other Banks ?

Just need to ensure we still have access to money should the worst happen, eg  if our current account was hacked /frozen etc as does seem to be happening to a good few folk.

Comments

• cymruchris
    cymruchris Posts: 5,188 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Unless the other bank was part of the same group I don't see why any accounts 'stopped' for whatever reason with bank A would affect any cards and accounts you had with bank B - unless the issue was a Mastercard specific one, so that all your Mastercards would stop working. Unlikely - but possible. It's often mentioned that you should have at least one Visa and one Mastercard to avoid such a possibility. 
    An ex-bankrupt on a journey of recovery. Feel free to send me a DM reference credit building credit cards from the usual suspects :) Happy to help others going through what I've been through!
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    It would only be an issue if the undisclosed problem was caused by your own behaviour and to the extent you end up with a CIFAS marker 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback