CCA Request Virgin Confusion?

Options
Hi All,

Bit of a back story here....

I have been in a DMP with StepChange for 2 years, but now self managing as I need to get some accounts defaulted.  One of which is Yorkshire Bank Credit Card which I understand is trading as Virgin Money.  I wrote to Yorkshire initially asking them to default my account a few months ago, response and further dealings have been from Virgin Money - unfortunately they won't default my account and continue to mark as 'arrangement to pay'.  Credit Reference Agencies named as Yorkshire Bank.  

I have just now stopped paying and decided to do a CCA request to Virgin Money, I received the following response:

Please find enclosed the original or certified documents you sent us.  This has been sent back to you because we have been unable to locate your account and/or record with Virgin Money.  
If you have any questions please call... etc etc.

To be honest I find dealing with Virgin Money difficult, in all previous correspondence there's typo's and wrong dates.  Should I assume they have been unable to comply with my CCA request, or with trying to do one with Yorkshire Bank?  

I have also received an email saying your Yorkshire Credit Card will be rebranded in February 2022 to Virgin Money.

Any thoughts please?  

Comments

• mcpitman
    mcpitman Posts: 1,267 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Your Yorkshire Credit Card is that until Feb 2022.

Ask Yorkshire/Clydesdale for any CCA/SAR requests prior to that.
    Life isn't about the number of breaths we take, but the moments that take our breath away. Like choking....
  • sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,878 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Tut, tut, tut, it is for the company you write too, to forward on any correspondence that should be meant for a previous owner of your account (FCA guidelines).

Apparently, Clydesdale Bank, Yorkshire Bank, and Virgin Money are becoming one bank. 

You perhaps should send the CCA to Yorkshire Bank, as advised above, as Virgin Money will not hold your paperwork.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
  • Toddy2
    Toddy2 Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thanks both, I think I'll hold off doing anything until Feb '22, including payments as I'm wanting the account to be defaulted.

I'll CCA Virgin when they become the new owner, might raise some difficulties in finding the information through the transfer over?!
  • Toddy2
    Options
    mcpitman said:
    Your Yorkshire Credit Card is that until Feb 2022.

Ask Yorkshire/Clydesdale for any CCA/SAR requests prior to that.
    Yes that is until Feb '22
  • Toddy2
    Options

I had cause to complain to Yorkshire recently regarding this account and they referred me to Virgin Money - so Virgin shouldn't have made a decision then?  
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback