Pay off Next account

Options
Hi.
I would like to pay off my Next account but the interest I pay each month is making it difficult.
I would like to perhaps get an interest free credit card to pay the balance and then gradually pay off the credit card without the extra money being wasted on interest.
Does anyone know what type of credit card I should be applying for?
Thanks in advance for any replies!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    A money transfer card. However, I believe Next are on of the few who will treat a credit card payment as a purchase, so that may still be an option.
  • Carlzzz
    Options
    Thanks for the reply.
    I don’t actually own a credit card at the minute so I would need to apply for one either way.
    Am I correct in thinking that a money transfer card is a bit like a loan, where the company puts the requested amount in your bank plus a one off interest charge?
    I would then say for example have 18 months to pay off the card interest free but could pay my next account off immediately?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 22 October 2021 at 10:09AM
    Options
    No. A money transfer is like credit card transaction. You pay money into your bank account for a fixed fee and hopefully zero interest. You then repay the credit card as with any other balance. There's no set period in which it needs to be repaid, but be aware of any change in the APR, whether because if the end of a promo or a rate increase.

However, if you have a thin file, it might prove difficult to get, especially if you're struggling to clear your existing debts.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback