Review of rejected sick claim reviewed

Options
I used a ppi company a few years ago for a mis-sold ppi claim which was successful. 
The card company have now. reviewed a sick claim I made in 2000 which was rejected and decided they were wrong and paid out. 
No involvement from PPI company but the credit card company notified them they are now claiming a share. 
Anyone else had this? 
I just don't feel they have a claim.

Comments

• sparklep0ny
    Options
    Rosie1144 said:
    I used a ppi company a few years ago for a mis-sold ppi claim which was successful. 
    The card company have now. reviewed a sick claim I made in 2000 which was rejected and decided they were wrong and paid out. 
    No involvement from PPI company but the credit card company notified them they are now claiming a share. 
    Anyone else had this? 
    I just don't feel they have a claim.

Why not?

If you had your PPI premiums refunded then you, in essence, had no PPI.  I see no reason why the card company isn't entitled to any payout.

Cake and eating it springs to mind.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    If you say you didn't want the PPI then you obviously wouldn't have claimed on the policy would you, as you didn't want the policy? It's one thing or the other - claim and take the payout on the basis you did want the policy or get a refund of the policy that you didn't want
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,503 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They don't. You employed them to claim your PPI, they did that. That's it now. Or it should be. I think you need to check your contract with them in case it says they will be your rep for any further claims.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • GrumpyDil
    GrumpyDil Posts: 1,621 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't get why the credit card company are paying out on the claim when you have managed to get a refund via the PPI miselling claim?

Or am I missing something? 
  • sparklep0ny
    sparklep0ny Posts: 221 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper
    edited 22 October 2021 at 8:02PM
    Options
    GrumpyDil said:
    I don't get why the credit card company are paying out on the claim when you have managed to get a refund via the PPI miselling claim?

Or am I missing something? 
    The insurance company would be paying out, not the credit card company.  Probably some crossed wires somewhere.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,376 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone else had this? 
    Yes.   The complaint made to the firm requires them to consider aspects not raised in the complaint itself.  CMCs rarely send reasons for complaint.   They more often than not just send your name, date of birth and address and ask the firm to investigate the sale.     Often it was just on a spreadsheet with a load of other names and addresses emailed over.    That is one of the reasons why people were told not to use a CMC.

As a result of the complaint made, the firm has decided it incorrectly handled a claim back in 2000 and is reversing that decision.    You are receiving compensation because of the complaint made.   The very thing you employed the CMC for.

So, the CMC has every right to claim their percentage against this payment.

I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback