We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.
This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.
"You're Not Receiving Our Emails"
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
Comments
-
Yes, I've received at least two in the last couple of years. I just ignored them as I get regular emails from all three banks.
1 -
Do you actually open the emails or just preview them? It could be that the email contains tracking to see when opened so they don't think they're being receivedRemember the saying: if it looks too good to be true it almost certainly is.1
-
Possibly, when I get the "your credit card statement is now available" email 2 days after it has been downloaded it does tend to go straight in the bin ! The majority do get opened though.jimjames said:Do you actually open the emails or just preview them? It could be that the email contains tracking to see when opened so they don't think they're being received
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
1 -
And a 4th one this morning from MBNA. Looks like it is just a LBG waste of time and money exercise !
Never associate with idiots on their own level, because, being an intelligent man, you'll try to deal with them on their level - and on their level they'll beat you every time.
Being hated by idiots is the price you pay for not being one of them.
Jean Cocteau 1889-1963
0 -
As jimjames says, some organisations embed tracking pixels in emails. When you open the email, the email client fetches a discreet 1x1 pixel image with a unique URL, allowing them to see that you have opened it. Many modern mail clients defeat this tracking technology, causing the privacy invading company to get a false-negative result.I have no idea whether Lloyds Banking Group employ such methods, but by law if they do they must disclose it in their privacy policy. Interestingly, I never download images when previewing these emails, but I do go into online banking and view the documents regularly, and I haven't had this issue with Halifax. I do recall having it with one other bank, though, but it was a number of years ago and had no consequences.0
-
molerat said:Just had 3 letters drop on the doormat from Lloyds, BOS & Halifax stating that I have recently changed to paperless and I have not been receiving emails sent. Checked all 3 accounts and email address, and all other contacts, on file is correct and checked through my emails and found several from Lloyds and Halifax.Anyone else received this ?
Yes I've had same letter from Lloyds and Halifax last week and also receive emails from them which I open. As you say seems a waste of time and money!
0
Confirm your email address to Create Threads and Reply
Categories
- All Categories
- 355.6K Banking & Borrowing
- 254.8K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
- 456.1K Spending & Discounts
- 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
- 605.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
- 179K Life & Family
- 263.5K Travel & Transport
- 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
- 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
- 37.7K Read-Only Boards