Does Natwest re check finances before release of funds?

Options
Hi this might be a silly question but its worrying me. I have had a mortgage approved by natwest. I have some debt (loan and small amount on credit card) which I have confirmed I will be clearing from the equity on my current place. 
The removals company are quoting 2k and want payment up front so I'll have to stick that on my card before completion. I keep hearing that banks re check your finances and not to enter into new debt. Is that right? Should I call and tell them about it and confirm it will be cleared post completion?
Thanks 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 October 2021 at 2:40PM
    Options
    They may check your credit files or audit the application before completion.
  • Welshspacechick
    Options
    Thanks zx81, if I was to put 2k on a credit card the week before completion am I right in thinking that wouldn't show on my credit file for a while?
    Going on my credit karma file it seems to run around a month behind? Or do banks have more privileged access / info?
  • user1977
    user1977 Posts: 14,081 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I don't think merely charging something to your card would feature on your credit file - only increasing your credit limit (maybe?).
  • Mattuk40
    Options
    any spending takes at least 3 weeks usually to show up on your credit report, it depends on who the card is with and when they last updated your credit file which they only do once a month and usually from your last statement balance,  different lenders update differently but all are usually once a month

• Welshspacechick
    Options
    Thanks Mattuk it would be barclaycard so hopefully would take a month to show up
  • PXP
    PXP Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    edited 23 October 2021 at 10:04AM
    Options
    No they don’t, we completed on Thursday and no final checks were done 
  • vmguru
    vmguru Posts: 47 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have a mortgage application in progress with Natwest my hard search was done a few months ago however I have noticed a Audit on my credit a couple of days ago and I expect my mortgage offer or decline anytime now So I am expecting this Audit is done in the last stages of application before offer or decline.
  • FormerMRSA
    FormerMRSA Posts: 22 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I had the hard check done when I applied with Natwest back in March & completed in May with no other checks done
  • themainman84
    Options
    Hi many lenders do run checks between exchange and completion. I think something like 1 in 10 will get flagged for audit, this is usually to check the banks processes and not really because of an applicants issue. Is it possible to maybe borrow from a friend or relative in the interim?
    It all depends on how close you are on the affordability scale and if that 2k will tip you over the edge. General rule of thumb is not to make any large credit purchases between exchange and completion.
    It could be that all is well and no checks take place but just be aware that they can and do happen. Wishing you all the best with your move
  • themainman84
    Options
    Just realised that this is a super old post. Hope all went well OP
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family