Teletext holidays

Options
Please help.. I’ve still not been paid fully for my holiday refund from June 2020. After hundreds of phone calls etc etc, false promises from them. Apsolutely discusted. 

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 18 October 2021 at 11:06AM
    Options
    Not enough information to offer specific help, but potential options could include letter before action or section 75, assuming that the refund is genuinely owed. 
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    faye060893, you are far from the only person in this position and the law is about to catch up with them. This afternoon, this press release was issued by the Competitions and Markets Authority CMA) Teletext Holidays is a trading name of Truly Holdings....

"The CMA does not consider Truly Holdings has done enough to provide refunds to package holiday customers with outstanding claims, including recent cancellations, or to make sure it pays all future refunds that are due within the 14 days required by law.

“The CMA has therefore filed proceedings requesting a court order that outstanding refunds be immediately repaid and that, going forward, customers entitled to a refund are repaid within 14 days.”

It noted: “The CMA will be asking the court to order that Truly Holdings puts in place appropriate processes to ensure it complies with the law in the future.”

You speak of not being refunded all your holiday, at a guess, I am assuming you booked a package holiday with Ryanair flights and it is the flight element that has not been paid? Provided you got an ATOL Certificate marked Package in the bottom right-hand corner and the holiday was cancelled by them and not you, then you are entitled to a full refund, even if they haven't been repaid by the airline. 

The announcement today may push them to refund you now, it might be a good idea to go to the CMA website and report the situation as it is now a live legal case, the first to my knowledge against any tour operator ever, but if you paid by a credit card make a section 75 claim by phoning the card issuer, if you paid by a debit card I am sorry to say you are far too late to take action.

And to anyone else thinking of booking a holiday with this company, well this should be enough for you to think again!

• faye060893
    Options
    Thank you so so very very much, I certainly will do what you have advised. I’m so greatful for your help. Thank you again. 
  • faye060893
    Options
    Well, unfortunately now teletext holidays have there phones cut off. I’ve tried abs tried to get my refund and had hundreds of promises from them that there giving me my money back.. but nothing. There utter scum bags. 
  • Alan_Bowen
    Alan_Bowen Posts: 4,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry to say you won't be getting another penny from Teletext Holidays as it is reported this morning that they have appointed liquidators! Certainly, a number of customers who did travel last week reported arriving in the resort to find the hotels hadn't been paid for, or worse, the booking had been completely cancelled a few days before their arrival.

Despite that sounding like really bad news, it may not be. They were members of the Travel Trust Association who seemingly held customer money in a trust account and are now trying to sort out what I suspect is a bit of a mess. you can contact them at 
    trulytravelbookings@ttatravel.co.uk (Truly Travel was the registered name of Teletext Holidays)
  • faye060893
    Options
    I thought as much. Thank you again for your help. Thank you 😊 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family