AirTransat not refunding

It's been almost one year since Air Transat told us they would be refunding our £1700 from the flights we had cancelled mid 2020 for Sept 2020. We were originally told to expect refund in January... that did not appear. I contacted them, they gave me various pieces of information to give the bank but they could not find our refund anywhere. Turns out that was a mistake and our refund had not been processed. Lots of back and forth before being told in May that I needed to log an official refund request, which would take a few months to be processed. I got an email on Sept 23 saying that it has been reviewed and in 5-10 days our refund would be back. Finally!

Now as you can probably guess that has not happened and I just get fobbed off with being told there was an error and they now have to manually refund which will take several weeks with no date being given. 

At what point can we consider that the airline are holding on to our money and we can request a chargeback. They aren't explicitly rejecting our request but are clearly not in any rush and keep telling us incorrect information and not giving us our money back.

Comments

• Unfortunately it sounds too late to do a chargeback if the flight was last year. Hopefully you paid by credit card and if so you can make a S.75 claim with your bank. You should do that now.
  • eskbanker
    eskbanker Posts: 31,006 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    KarissaD said:
    At what point can we consider that the airline are holding on to our money and we can request a chargeback.
    Any chargeback rights you may have had will long since have expired I'm afraid (needs to be claimed within 120 days), although if you paid Air Transat directly (rather than via an agent) with a credit card then you may be able to claim via Section 75 if the airline breached your contract by cancelling the flights ("the flights we had cancelled" can be read different ways).
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback