PIP review form

edited 12 October at 9:42PM in Disability Money Matters
9 replies 238 views
movingforward2010movingforward2010 Forumite
1.6K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
✭✭✭
edited 12 October at 9:42PM in Disability Money Matters
I’ve had a form that says it’s time to review my award. 

The questions under each descriptor  ask:

Tell us if something has change and approx when.

Tell is how you manage this activity now, including any aids that you need.

Tell us about any changes to the help you need or the help you get from another person.

My mental health conditions are still the same as my last assessment on 2017. Do I just put “no change”? There doesn’t seem to be enough space to put all the info again. Or do I just go in to detail for each descriptor on a separate piece of paper and put next to the questions “see attached document”?

Also are assessments over the phone in Wales? Last time they came to my house. 

Replies

• poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    13.5K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You should never put just "no change" even if there's been no changes. Treat the review as a new claim, always. There's never enough room on the forms, so as you correctly noted, use extra sheets of A4 paper. You should use a couple of real world examples of what happened the last time you attempted that activitiy for each descriptor that applies to you. Adding information such as, where you were, what exactly happened, did anyone see it and what the consequences were.
    Most assessments are still by telephone but some claimants have had face to face assessments.
  • edited 12 October at 10:48PM
    movingforward2010movingforward2010 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 12 October at 10:48PM
    Thank you. I’ve started to write some examples down as it needs to be back by the 1 Nov. 

so when it says has something changed, do I write like I said “please see attached”? 
    Sorry I just feel so overwhelmed by it
  • poppy12345poppy12345 Forumite
    13.5K Posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, just write "see attached" but make sure you mark clearly which question you're answering on the extra sheets. You can ring for a 2 week extension to return the form, which will help a little. I'd advise to to get proof of posting (free) from any post office. There are huge postal delays at the moment for DWP. Make sure you take copies for yourself before returning the form.

• movingforward2010movingforward2010 Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you 😊 
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry another question. 

In the medication section do I only put down prescription medication or do I also include ones I buy myself such as ibuprofen that I take daily but it’s not prescribed 
  • LippyDoodleLippyDoodle Forumite
    249 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Put down everything you take. 

• Spoonie_TurtleSpoonie_Turtle Forumite
    2.6K Posts
    1,000 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sorry another question. 

In the medication section do I only put down prescription medication or do I also include ones I buy myself such as ibuprofen that I take daily but it’s not prescribed 
    Put down everything you take. 
    In the 'extra information' section you should explain why the non-prescription medications you take aren't prescribed, and that they have been recommended by a doctor if that's the case.  Sounds overkill but they then have no basis for using it against you (e.g. implying you're faking, or that it indicates you have a low pain threshold, or some other rubbish). 

[Don't forget to tell them how well the medications work or not, and any side-effects as well.]
    1.6K Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the replies. Sorry for the delay replying, but everything I try to log back in it makes me change my password for some reason 🥺
  • edited 20 October at 10:00AM
    deannagonedeannagone Forumite
    430 Posts
    100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    edited 20 October at 10:00AM
    When I had to fill in my PIP form, I wrote and printed out what I wanted to say on a piece of A4 paper, then stapled it to the relevant page. With my NI number, question number and name at the head of each piece of paper. It seemed to work. I was able to put in all the information I needed to.

To be honest, Ibuprofen every day is not overly good for you.  I get quite a lot of pain and use Hemp active gel and tablets, hot water bottles, and exercises a lot more than the cocodamol I was prescribed.  To be honest, the cocodamol wasn't that helpful anyway.  A hammer might have been lol.  But the hemp gel is a good second course of treatment for me!  It also helps me feel more in control of the things that cause pain.  I hope this isn't annoying to read.  Its just what I have found helps with my sort of pain.  I've even got gel socks to stop my feet shrieking at me when they hit the floor lol.  Daft but it seems to help.