Options
2»

Comments

• I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    redfox5 said:
    I've had a few, I love an unexpected win! 
    Last one was Harry Potter & Disney Lex Go Games. I assume from a MD as they already have your address.
    But also had some Wool show up from Gathered, A Sanitiser bundle from Natural Health Mag, Cat Litter Hamper which I think was from YourCat and a Cricut Craft Bundle from a craft magazine, I traced that back to a comp that was months old! 
    These are all from the last year. 
    The Lex Go was from Radio Times I think.

• LemonSocks
    LemonSocks Posts: 293 Forumite
    edited 12 October 2021 at 6:14PM
    Options
    Idol_Eyes said:
    I know I've had a couple, but the only one I can remember was one of those subscription type boxes for cats. Luckily I do have cats so everyone was happy!

Unrelated, but I did have a Chinese takeaway turn up a month ago with no receipt, phone number or menu in it. I'm pretty sure I didn't enter a competition for that.  :D
    That's hilarious, I'm intrigued to know what it was and whether you ate it LOL
    Haha! It was 2x sweet & sour chicken, some chicken balls, chips and prawn crackers - and after confirming with my neighbours that wasn’t theirs I did indeed eat it (we were hungry and hadn’t sorted dinner yet so I assume it was some kind of divine intervention or something)  😉
    Best 2021 wins: 48 bottles of cider, £200 John Lewis Vouchers, £100 Currys vouchers
  • Idol_Eyes
    Idol_Eyes Posts: 6,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Idol_Eyes said:
    I know I've had a couple, but the only one I can remember was one of those subscription type boxes for cats. Luckily I do have cats so everyone was happy!

Unrelated, but I did have a Chinese takeaway turn up a month ago with no receipt, phone number or menu in it. I'm pretty sure I didn't enter a competition for that.  :D
    That's hilarious, I'm intrigued to know what it was and whether you ate it LOL
    Haha! It was 2x sweet & sour chicken, some chicken balls, chips and prawn crackers - and after confirming with my neighbours that wasn’t theirs I did indeed eat it (we were hungry and hadn’t sorted dinner yet so I assume it was some kind of divine intervention or something)  😉
    Brilliant that's the best story I've heard this week lol 
    2023 £2180, 2022 £300, 2021 £1800, 2015 £3790, 2014 £4460
  • Medic994
    Options
    I've had my first one ever this month - a Mira shower worth about £200! Turned out to be a comp I entered a few months back when our shower was on the fritz, but it's now fixed so the new one is just sitting in my office while I decide what to do with it 😂
    Comping wins 2022: 115 (£12,109)
    Comping wins 2021: 109 (£6700)
  • Claire_x
    Claire_x Posts: 211 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I've just got back into comping too and hope I have some surprise wins turn up soon!
    Years ago I had a pair of Hudl's turn up (the Tesco tablet) and I never did find out where they were from.
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    I had one show up on Friday - the gourmet popcorn baking kit :) 
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • leanfun30
    leanfun30 Posts: 3,203 Forumite
    Options
    Last week I had some cake mixes turn up out of the blue from a Halloween win then on Monday some gingerbread ingredients from the same comp.  Grandchildren were here so have taken these home.  Years ago I had a number of things turn up unexpected.    A brilliant robot for grandson never found out where it are from.  Once when we were on holiday our neighbour took in a Chimenea and a very heavy parcel.   I didn’t know what a Chimenea was and the heavy was a bag of cement.  Never did find out where it came from.     
  • Abbafan1972
    Abbafan1972 Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Started doing comping again earlier this year and I am hopeful that I'll have some luck soon!
    Striving to clear the mortgage before it finishes in Dec 2028 - amount currently owed - £41,671.53
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback