Unexpected Wins / Deliveries

Morning everyone

I'm recently back into comping after 5 or 6 years away!  I just wondered if people still get unexpected wins in the post?  I remember my first ever win was an X Box and it just turned up, no prior WEM or WTC and no notification either with the prize as to where it had come from!  Back then I did get a few prizes that I didn't get any prior notification and just wondered if that was still happening, I used to find it so exciting!
2023 £2180, 2022 £300, 2021 £1800, 2015 £3790, 2014 £4460

Comments

• topaz13
    topaz13 Posts: 157 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I had a TV just turn up once. Never did find out where it came from.
  • Blulu
    Blulu Posts: 7,632 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I used to get sample bottles of perfume 'just turn up', but I'm not sure if that was just that I'd forgotten I'd applied for them.

Blu XXX
    I am brave, I am bruised
    I am who I'm meant to be
    I'm not scared to be seen
    I make no apology
    THIS IS ME!
  • cagsd
    cagsd Posts: 7,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I won, I won, I won!
    Ah, the good old days! I've had a few mag daily prizes that have just arrived without prior notification, and once a hamper of baby food that had a £250 Asda voucher tucked in the bottom! 
  • I know I've had a couple, but the only one I can remember was one of those subscription type boxes for cats. Luckily I do have cats so everyone was happy!

Unrelated, but I did have a Chinese takeaway turn up a month ago with no receipt, phone number or menu in it. I'm pretty sure I didn't enter a competition for that.  :D
    Best 2021 wins: 48 bottles of cider, £200 John Lewis Vouchers, £100 Currys vouchers
  • Ms_Dee
    Ms_Dee Posts: 7,875 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Just this week I received a 2 Meal PetSafe Automatic pet feeder worth £20.99 in the post and it was sent via UPS - I think I traced it back to a UK Mums TV Competition, but it didn't come with anything to say who or where it came from.

Last month I also received a package which included: a 
    Weleda Canvas Bag (£4.95) Hydrating Eye Gel (£14.95) 24hr Hydrating Facial Lotion (£14.95) 24hr Hydrating Facial Cream (£14.95) Hydrating Facial Mist (£16.95) and Catalog. Total: £66.75
    No warning of it coming, absolutely lovely surprise.
    Thank you to everyone who posts competitions and good luck to everyone who enters.
  • euronorris
    euronorris Posts: 12,247 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post PPI Party Pooper
    I haven't had that for a while (because I stopped comping seriously for a few years), but I def had some in the past. I remember getting a £50 Hobbycraft voucher from one of the puzzle mags once, with no prior notification. It just arrived. That was a nice surprise :)
    February wins: Theatre tickets
  • redfox5
    redfox5 Posts: 21,899 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    I've had a few, I love an unexpected win! 
    Last one was Harry Potter & Disney Lex Go Games. I assume from a MD as they already have your address.
    But also had some Wool show up from Gathered, A Sanitiser bundle from Natural Health Mag, Cat Litter Hamper which I think was from YourCat and a Cricut Craft Bundle from a craft magazine, I traced that back to a comp that was months old! 
    These are all from the last year. 
    Wins in 2023 - 35
    Wins in 2022 - 43
    Wins in 2021 - 62
    Wins in 2020 - 68
    Wins in 2019 - 5
  • Idol_Eyes
    Idol_Eyes Posts: 6,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    cagsd said:
    Ah, the good old days! I've had a few mag daily prizes that have just arrived without prior notification, and once a hamper of baby food that had a £250 Asda voucher tucked in the bottom! 
    Oooo yes I've forgotten , I won a Morrisons Night In Hamper that turned up unannounced and that had about £200 of vouchers in :)
  • Idol_Eyes
    Idol_Eyes Posts: 6,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    I know I've had a couple, but the only one I can remember was one of those subscription type boxes for cats. Luckily I do have cats so everyone was happy!

Unrelated, but I did have a Chinese takeaway turn up a month ago with no receipt, phone number or menu in it. I'm pretty sure I didn't enter a competition for that.  :D
    That's hilarious, I'm intrigued to know what it was and whether you ate it LOL
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Not so many now...............

Odd DVD or Blu-ray might turn-up with no prior warning. Little pet food win turned-up the other day unannounced.

In the past £200 vouchers turned-up before the LWE LOL 

Arla (dairy co.) used to send out prizes randomly.

Once received some stationery beautifully wrapped in brown paper. A wicker hamper was a mystery too.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback