Cooperative Bank Refer a Friend Switching Offer

creditavenger
creditavenger Posts: 138 Forumite
First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
edited 8 October 2021 at 12:54PM in Budgeting & bank accounts
I've just spotted a new Refer a Friend Offer from the Coop Bank.

Coop are giving their existing current account customers the chance to be rewarded when their friends or family switch to a Co-operative Bank Current Account or Everyday Extra account.

"When you recommend your friends and family to the Co-operative Bank we'll give you both £50"

To be eligible the friend being referred must:

1. Not already hold a Coop Bank current account of any type.

2. Open a new Coop Bank Current Account or Everyday Extra account.

3. Complete a full switch from their main current account to their new Coop Bank Current Account using the Current Account Switching Service.

Apparently there's no limit to the number of people you can refer, but Coop will limit the amount of money they will pay out to any referrer to £100 (so 2 referrals).

More details here - https://www.co-operativebank.co.uk/products/bank-accounts/refer-a-friend/

Comments

• Zanderman
    Zanderman Posts: 4,670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I think this one's been discussed already somewhere on the forum, but can't find it now.

Note that the exclusions also include Smile account holders:

2.1 You will be considered a new customer if you do not already have a Co-operative Bank or smile current account of any type as at 1 June 2021.

• hgt
    hgt Posts: 328 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    My main current account is with Co-op bank - they used to be really good, but sadly have gone down hill in recent times. So most likely anybody looking to switch their current account could do better with one of the more generous switching offers available at other banks 
    But then again, this could be a good freebie for anyone who has done all the other switching offers! Plus you may be able to earn some extra rewards by adding their "Everyday rewards" to your account. 
  • dcs34
    dcs34 Posts: 536 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Well the referrer's board has closed so wonder where the stream of requests will end up...

(I don't currently have a Co-op account FYI  ;) )
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,199 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 9 October 2021 at 8:45PM
    I'm glad I decided to move on when they made the Everyday rewards scheme less generous, so I was eligible when this came along.  It's worth bearing in mind that if you apply to switch when opening the account, the earliest date they'll give for the switch is 3 weeks from application (at least that's what they did for me). My debit card and PIN arrived pretty quickly so they needn't have bothered.
  • I opened a Co-op current account to take advantage of a Lloyd's switching offer, but that was back in 2019, so I should be eligible, right? 
    :o
  • masonic
    masonic Posts: 23,199 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    I opened a Co-op current account to take advantage of a Lloyd's switching offer, but that was back in 2019, so I should be eligible, right? 
    You can find the full terms at the link in the OP. Criteria for being a new customer is not having held an account since 1st June (at Co-op or Smile)
  • Opened my previous account on 01/11/22 so do not qualify.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback