DRO complete

Options
Good afternoon

I didnt think i would be asking for advice quite so soon 😂. I bet you thought you would be rid of me now haha. 

I am now 1 week discharged from my DRO and have started to get notice of sums in arrears for debts that were included in my DRO, would it take them a while to realise its been a year to stop contact? Are they likely to contact me regularly still, even if its statements etc? As they can come across daunting still. Do i need to contact them to say my DRO has completed, so they cancel things their end? 

I have googled it and all it says is i won't hear anything from the insolvency once discharged, nothing about how to deal with creditors from now on.

Thanks.... Again 🎅☺️

Comments

• LippyDoodle
    Options
    They can't do anything so don't stress over it. Did you have help to do your DRO? If so contact them and see what they say to put your mind at rest.

BTW its way to early for a Santa's emoji   :D
  • sallymanton
    Options
    Yes stepchange did the DRO for me, i will give them a call and see what they say thanks just want it all behind and them to leave me alone x

Haha i thought i would start the Christmas excitement a little early this year just because...... 🤶🎅😂☃️🎄.. It won't be long x 
  • LippyDoodle
    Options
    Good hope you get it sorted  :) 

You on your phone? There's not many emoji's on here when using a PC

• sourcrates
    sourcrates Posts: 28,953 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Sometimes debts are sold during a DRO, and the new owner is not aware of the debts status, other times creditors are obliged to send statements periodically.

You should not bother with stepchange, its quite normal for something like this to happen.

As with any insolvency, you need to perform a credit file clean up, make sure all your defaults are dated the same as your DRO or before, debts should all show as settled, or satisfied, it also helps to write and tell any creditor that sends anything to you in the post that your DRO has now ended, and your liability for that debt has ended also.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free wannabe, Credit file and ratings, and Bankruptcy and living with it boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.For free non-judgemental debt advice, contact either Stepchange, National Debtline, or CitizensAdviceBureaux.Link to SOA Calculator- https://www.stoozing.com/soa.php The "provit letter" is here-https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/2607247/letter-when-you-know-nothing-about-about-the-debt-aka-prove-it-letter
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback