Covid and Lufthansa

Options
I will be returning to the UK from Canada in a couple of weeks time. As I understand it, I now do not need to take a PCR test before flying home and I have a Day 2 test waiting at home. I have asked Lufthansa to confirm if they need me to take a PCR test just in case they have to have a certificate. Am I correct in my thinking that the UK do not require me to take a test before flying?

Comments

• onashoestring
    onashoestring Posts: 1,631 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    That depends on whether you are fully vaccinated and if your vaccination meets the UK requirements which are here : 

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/red-amber-and-green-list-rules-for-entering-england

You must be able to prove that you have been fully vaccinated (plus 14 days) with a document (digital or paper-based) from a national or state-level public health body that includes, as a minimum:
    • forename and surname(s)
    • date of birth
    • vaccine brand and manufacturer
    • date of vaccination for every dose
    • country or territory of vaccination and/or certificate issuer
    if you are fully vaccinated then you won’t need a pre-departure test to enter UK - but the airline may have their own requirements. 
  • MattMattMattUK
    Options
    ecclesto said:
    I will be returning to the UK from Canada in a couple of weeks time. As I understand it, I now do not need to take a PCR test before flying home and I have a Day 2 test waiting at home. I have asked Lufthansa to confirm if they need me to take a PCR test just in case they have to have a certificate. Am I correct in my thinking that the UK do not require me to take a test before flying?
    In addition to the above, the UK entry requirements can be different to the Lufthansa conditions, so even if the UK government do not require a PCR test before boarding, Lufthansa can, so double check both.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback