Austin Mockridge

I went on a holiday for 2 weeks in a property owned by Austin Mockridge alias David Robert's, called Tidal view in Looe. The property was in an awful state of repair. When it rained water was literally running down the walls! We had to move all the beds. Water was dripping from the ceiling. At one point my friend experienced one of the walls crumble. There was rubble on the floor. I have photos.
Austin/David said hewouldcompensat by giving us another holiday. We had afew excuses and now after many emails and phone calls sent by me, we have heard nothing from him. I want to take action for compensation and to stop him ripping off others. His property is dangerous.

Comments

• We had our holiday cancelled by David Roberts/Austin Mockrige. We have later found our holiday accommodation did not exist! I have contacted bank, police, action fraud, citizens advice, as you say the lame excuses for not refunding. I am waiting for a balance refund! Looks like he has been doing this sort of thing since at least 2009! See previous forums! I have now contacted a solicitor who is looking at all the evidence I have found on this person! Wish me luck x
  • lemondrops69
    lemondrops69 Posts: 352 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 19 October 2021 at 3:24PM
    My uncle had an  Austin Mockridge in the late 70's, brown with a beige interior, it was awful, I feel your pain OP
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback